This post is about the Grainline Studio’s Alder shirtdress.
So I got really excited to do the Alder Sew-Along. Maybe a tad too excited, because I jumped the gun and made one before Jen finished posting all the tutorial thingies!
I made view B because I thought it might look more flattering than view A.
- I made a size 2 because it matched my measurements pretty much to a tee.
- I tried to do French seams… and ended up having to fudge the bit around the pivot point (where the skirt fronts meet the front) because I had no idea what to do re: the French seams! I am looking forward to seeing suggestions from the sew-along about this.
- I misread the bit about attaching the collar and nearly messed the whole thing up, but managed to fudge stuff around a bit. I think it looks okay because the fabric is so busy.
- This is some cotton I got in Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong.
- These pictures are bad. Maybe I’ll post a better one later.