Evan was a good sport and helped me take a bunch of pictures during our walk. Maybe too good a sport. He got kind of bossy.
This one is also made of cotton that I got in Sham Shui Po. The fabric looks like when you flick toothbrush bristles to spray paint everywhere. It also makes me think of somebody who’s just thrown up birthday cake. I like it!
- Raised the bust darts by about an inch.
- Instead of trying French seams again, I used the sewing machine’s overedge stitch with the overedge stitch foot.
- The overedge stitch foot is awesome! It’s great for topstitching.
- Used this tutorial by Four Square Walls for the collar bit because reading through the Grainline sewalong tutorial still confuzes me. Sigh.
- Accidentally put the topmost button at the top of the button band rather than on the collar stand… heh heh heh.
Next Time (And There Will Be a Next Time)
- Raise the pockets by about an inch.
- Make it in this black/white fabric that Mummy chose. It’ll look totally different, I’m sure.
MAKE IT! The pattern is amazing!